The county town has come a long way since Aaron Culver treated John Graves-Simcoe to a snack of watermelon and wheaten bread in Lynnwood Park.

Due to its central location, Simcoe was chosen as the district capital, beating nearby Vittoria in 1837. The town quickly developed around various brick works, carriage works, distilleries and woolen mills.

Click image to see larger view.
 
Sorry, no comments available at this time. Please try again later.
 
© 2003 Pixel Dust Studios in Partnership with the Cayuga & District Chamber of Commerce • Contact us at mail@visualheritage.ca