For more than 140 years, this seven story tower & it's attached keepers house has withstood Lake Erie's fury with remarkable fortatude.The lighthouse was used to mark a dangerous reef at Port Maitland when the area was used for large ship navigation. It has been unmanned since 1932, and is currently in the planning stages for restoration.

Contact information:
Phone:
(905) 774-2590

Location
3km East of Port Maitland harbour at Lowbanks


Email:
mswalker@kwic.com

 
© 2002 Pixel Dust Studios • All Rights Reserved • Made possible by a grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.